Bikes and Conditions
Whilst bike riding in Hervey Bay is quite easy, care must be taken at all times to ensure your safety.
Below are the conditions of hire and you will need to agree to these to ride one of our bikes.1. Bicycles returned with damage are subject to a repair fee of $20 plus the cost of repairs needed to return the bicycle to its condition at the time of hire. Rypac Pty Ltd retains the right to debit the Credit Card detailed below for these fees.
2. The hirer of the bicycle agrees to return the bicycle and associated equipment under all circumstances, and acknowledges that Rypac Pty Ltd does not provide a rescue service. If the bicycle or equipment is lost, stolen or not returned, the full value of the bike and equipment not returned will be debited to the credit card below plus a $20 processing fee.
4. The bicycle must be securely locked by the hirer when not being ridden.
5. A helmet is included in the hire of the bicycle & must be worn when riding, as required by Queensland law.
6. The person hiring the bicycle must understand & accept that riding a bicycle can be hazardous & involves risks that may be injurious or fatal.
7. Cycle path etiquette & road safety rules must be followed at all times. Lights are not provided thereby making the bicycles unsafe & illegal to ride after dark.
8. Rypac Pty Ltd reserves the right to refuse to hire a bicycle to any person at its absolute discretion.
9.The person hiring the bicycle agrees that Rypac Pty Ltd, its employees & agents are released from & indemnified against any claim for injury, loss or damage to the hirer, or to any other person or property, which are in anyway connected to participation in the use of the bicycle however caused. The person hiring the bicycle agrees to waive their right to present any legal claim or lawsuit against Rypac Pty Ltd regardless of how any damage, injury or death may have occurred, through negligence or any other manner considered through legal claim. The person hiring the bicycle also agrees that this contract shall be binding for themselves, their heirs, assigns, executors and personal representatives and administrators of their estate.
10. A person under 18 years of age may only hire a bicycle with the written consent of a parent or guardian. Consent is indicated by the signing of this form.
11. If you leave personal property with us you do so at your own risk.